The Bank of Elk River serves the financial needs of individuals and businesses in Elk River, Otsego, and Zimmerman Minnesota.
Our principal focus is to support local non-profit 501(c)(3) tax exempt organizations that have as their mission to support at least one of the following:
- Children/Student academic group activities that are related to their educational achievement in pursuit of a diploma or degree
- Groups of people in crisis or special needs with a focus on health education, health maintenance and sustaining an independent lifestyle
- Cultural arts and local history
- Special Community Service Projects
Priority will be given to non-profit organizations that our employees serve as directors or volunteers as part of their employee development plan.
Many factors are included in the evaluation of these requests. If more information about a specific organization is needed, a representative of The Bank of Elk River will contact the organization.
Financial support will not be given to:
- Political Organizations
- Personal requests from individuals
- Adult Athletic Teams
- Alumni Organizations
- International Organizations
- Organizations that do not benefit one or more of the following counties: Sherburne, Wright, Anoka or Hennepin
- Programs of national scope that do not specifically benefit one or more of our local counties as listed above.
Step One: Thank you for your interest in The Bank of Elk River’s donation program. Please review the limitations list above. If your proposal includes one of these areas, your request cannot be honored.
Step Two: Complete the Donation Request Form.
Step Three: Provide the following documents along with the completed Donation Request Form to:
The Bank of Elk River, Donation Committee, 630 Main Street, Elk River, MN 55330
- Copy of IRS determination letter verifying 501(c)(3) status
- List of current board members and Executive Management
- Current operating budget
The Bank of Elk River will make every effort to process your request in a timely manner. Please allow us three weeks to evaluate your request. All organizations will be contacted regardless of approval or denial of your request. A decision to deny a request does not imply that the applicant’s program is not needed or worthy, but simply that it does not fall within our giving guidelines, priorities, or that funds are not available.
To help The Bank in considering your appeal, please download and complete the following Donation Request Form.
Donation Request Form